Meth Clean-up in Duluth, MN
More Minnesotans are seeking treatment for meth abuse than any other drug. In fact treatment admissions have tripled from the rate of what was considered to be the height of the state’s meth epidemic in the mid-2000s. Meth’s new rise is reaching all corners of the state, including our beloved Duluth, and the greater Northland area. The Minnesota Department of Health has resources regarding how meth as affected property here. Meth clean-up and decontamination is a process that requires the use of professionals in most cases.
How Do I know if my property is contaminated?
- The only sure way to know if you have meth contamination in your Duluth, MN home, is by having a swab lab test performed. Dryco provides Meth testing for $205 per swab test. 218-628-6101
- Most of the time Meth is odorless.
- While being cooked it smells similar to burning plastic.
- Yellowish discolorations on walls, drains, sinks and showers.
- Bluish discolorations of faucets, fire extinguishers,propane tank valves.
- Fire detectors have been removed or have tape over them.
- Burning in eyes, itchy throat, metallic taste in mouth, breathing issues
- Strong solvent odors, odors of cat urine or ammonia.
- Bleach stains on carpet.
- Dark stains in sinks (yellow, purple or red)
- Burn piles in yard.
- Graffiti/Missing light bulbs.
How is meth clean-up and decontamination performed in Duluth, MN?
- Dispose of soft goods and porous items. (Furniture, carpets, blinds, clothes, electronics, appliances)
- Hvac units may need to be disposed if they can not be decontaminated.
- All surfaces need to be treated chemically, scrubbed and rinsed. Multiple treatments may be needed until testing has determined safe levels.