Specialized Mold Remediation Services

Mold can make your home miserable to live in and impossible to sell.  Don’t risk your family’s health and compromise the value of your home by hiring unqualified contractors or do-it-yourself remedies.  There’s no question about it, mold is enough to wreak havoc on any indoor space.  If you’ve discovered mold within your property or have reason to suspect its presence, you will need a qualified mold remediation contractor who is professionally trained and certified to help alleviate the problem before it gets worse.  

At Dryco Restoration Services, our Mold Remediation Specialists are professionally trained and industry certified.  With our state of the art equipment and years of experience, the Dryco team can help you to identify the source accurately and resolve your mold issues correctly.

Every home and commercial property across the country has some level of mold because buildings are organic.  When an event occurs that causes water to impact the structure such as a storm, ice dam, broken pipe or firefighting efforts, mold can grow quickly leading to an extremely serious situation.

How Does It Work?

Our team of experienced Mold Remediation Specialists is equipped to identify areas and sources of mold, treat mold infested locations and employ mold prevention measures in order to avoid future problems.  

Don’t wait to address mold problems.  If left untreated, mold is more than just unsightly.  It can compromise the health of those who are exposed; triggering Asthma, allergies and other serious health conditions.

If mold has made its way onto your property, contact Dryco Restoration Services right away.  Our mold remediation experts will arrive on the scene as quickly as possible to assess the problem and recommend an effective professional solution.  At Dryco Inc., we offer professional mold remediation services, as well as, a complimentary consultation.  Call (218) 628-6101 or Schedule an Estimate Today»

Mold Frequently Asked Questions:

  • What is mold?

    Mold is microscopic fungi which are neither plants or animals that grow in colonies. If there is a moist environment and under proper conditions, molds can attack materials in a house or building such as drywall, carpet backing, paper, dust, wood, painted surfaces or exposed soils in crawlspaces. Once established in a building, mold/fungi can spread destroying structural wood components and other surfaces. Mold can be very difficult to get rid of.

  • How does mold grow?

     

    • Moisture

     

    Mold spores require moisture within the air, or wet surfaces, to grow and reproduce.  For instance, flooding, leaky pipes or condensation on windows can be mold sources.  Also, excess moisture in bathrooms, kitchens or laundry rooms are prime areas for mold growth.

    • Porous Surfaces

    Mold spores need food in order to grow such as wood, drywall, paint and other building materials with an organic compound.  The most dangerous material that produces mold growth have a porous surface such as beds, furniture, stuffed animals, soft goods, etc.  It is often impossible to remove mold from these types of items.

     

    • Optimum Temperatures

     

    Mold spores thrive in temperatures 32-120 °F.  Temps between 70-90 °F are the most conducive for mold growth.  The chances of mold growth increases greatly with humidity.  It is also possible for mold to exist in temperatures below freezing.  Mold spores do not die when temperatures drop below 32 °F.  Spores lay dormant until temperatures increase.  In a dormant, or inactive stage, mold spores may still be an allergen.  

  • What causes mold?

    Molds are decomposers of organic material such as wood and plants.  Mold spores are found in high concentrations wherever there is dead matter such as a pile of leaves, manure or compost.  Mold spores enter buildings through the air or on people, animals and objects that are brought into the building.  Moisture control and air filtration is the key to controlling mold within interior spaces.  

  • What does mold smell like?

    Another sign of hidden mold is a musty or earthy odor.  If the smell is stronger in some rooms then others, the mold is likely growing near or within that area.  If the odor gets worse when the air conditioning or heat is on, then there may be mold within the heating, ventilation or air conditioning system(s).  It is always best to contact a mold specialist to evaluate the situation.

  • How will I know there is mold in my home or business if I cannot see it?

    Mold in your home or workplace can cause serious health issues resulting in symptoms such as difficulty breathing, sinus problems, headaches, coughing, sore throat, skin rashes and/or burning watery eyes.  Often people do not realize these symptoms are caused by mold within their living or work environment because the symptoms can be easily mistaken for a cold or allergies.  A sign that these symptoms are due to a mold issue, is when the symptoms decrease as you are away from the source being your home or workplace.  Another sign is when multiple people within the environment suffer from the same symptoms.

  • How can I identify mold in my home or business?

    Sometimes you will see mold without even realizing it exists.  You might have to look closely to identify mold.  Homes often have mold growing on the grout between tiles in a bathroom or on caulk around a toilet and bathtub.  People might ignore small amounts of mold even though they can see it; however, small amounts is proof that there is enough moisture for mold to grow.  It can also mean there is more mold in the area.  For example, mold hidden behind a wall eventually grows through becoming visible on the outside surface.  Spots of discoloration, usually with a black, blue or green appearance on a wall or other surfaces is evidence of mold growth.

  • Why is mold in the home dangerous?

    Mold can be much more than just an inconvenience.  It can affect your health and the health of your home in a very negative way.  In addition to causing structural damage to your home, mold can create serious health issues for your family.  Mold uses tiny spores to reproduce.  Spores that become airborne are hard to filter out and can stay suspended in the air for long periods of time.  The spores can then be easily inhaled, causing symptoms such as headaches and/or fever, coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing, sinus problems, ongoing flu-like symptoms, Asthma and/or other immune responses.  A few mold species are capable of producing toxins if a proper food source is available.  People vary in their sensitivity to the concentration of spores in the air.  The elderly, children and people with compromised immune systems are most vulnerable to the effects of spores; however, even healthy people may experience a reaction to high concentrations.  

     *According to the Mayo Clinic, 93% of chronic sinus infections have been attributed to mold.  As we breathe in the spores that float through the air, mold can actually grow in our sinus cavities and lungs. www.mayoclinic.com

 
How May We Help
You Today?





 
Experience the
Dryco Difference

As a team, we restore value, stability and peace of mind
allowing you to recover.  

  • 24/7 Emergency Service, 365 days per year
  • Insurance Preferred Contractor
  • Industry Trained and Certified Professionals you can trust
  • General Contracting and Construction Services
  • One-stop-shop, Restoration to Reconstruction
  • Prompt, organized and respectful of your property
  • Exceptional customer service
  • Our work is guaranteed to assure your satisfaction
  • We stand behind our word in everything we do
Schedule an
Estimate Today